Terms and Conditions
Impressive Television Inc.
("Impressive Television" or "we", "us", "our", etc.)
Effective Date: October 02, 2011
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of individuals and protecting personal information in its custody or control in accordance with privacy legislation applicable to us.
The term "Website", and other capitalized terms used in this Policy all have the meaning stated in our Website Terms and Conditions This Policy is a summary of our privacy practices and policies governing users of this Website. We We are subject to the privacy legislation of Alberta, Canada, in particular the Personal Information Protection Act. Alberta privacy law contains a number of exceptions, exclusions and exemptions, and does not apply to or affect certain matters. We reserve all of our rights under the law, whether in Alberta or elsewhere. For further information, please contact us as set out below.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect, protect, use, share, and retain personal information, including name, address, phone numbers, credit card numbers, and email addresses:
- to open and maintain any account you may have with us with respect to online services;
- to develop and create Advertiser Content and other materials for Advertisers;
- to confirm and conclude contractual arrangements;
- to process orders for services, credits or products;
- to respond to inquiries from you;
- to disclose or exchange personal information to process credit card payments;
- to develop our relationship with you;
- to offer licenses, products and services to you;
- to carry out customer surveys, in order to evaluate the needs, wants, and satisfaction levels of our customers and to analyze and manage our business;
- to provide and administer services and monitor your purchases, account and credit balances, fees paid and payable, payment history, parties to transactions, payments, credit card usage and to evaluate your credit eligibility with respect to the purposes set forth in this policy;
- to verify your identity as an authorized user concerning any accounts to access services that you may set up, and to implement, carry out and maintain security measures aimed at protecting you from identity theft, fraud and unauthorized access to your account;
- to meet security requirements, including any legal or regulatory requirements;
- to promote and market products and services offered by us;
- to provide software licenses, online services and credits for purchase,
- to verify identity, process credit card payments, send confirming emails and provide requested products and services.
It is our policy to carry out the foregoing with your consent except as otherwise provided or permitted by law. Except as required for the foregoing, or as required or permitted by applicable law, we do not disclose personal information to third parties.
Unsolicited or Voluntary Personal Information
If you choose to voluntarily submit personal information to us by email, online forms or other means, which will generally be for the purposes of obtaining information, we will consider that you have done so with your consent for purposes reasonably related to your providing the information. If reasonable to do so, or if you request ongoing provision of information, after our initial response, we may communicate further with you with information that may be useful, but we will include instructions on how to terminate receiving such further information.
Accuracy and Completeness
When we collect, use or disclose personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, and complete. This may involve requesting further information or updates from you. We do request that you advise us of changes to your personal information so that our records may remain current.
Retention and Destruction
The law allows us, for legal or business purposes, to retain personal information for as long as is reasonable. Upon expiry of an appropriate retention period, bearing in mind reasonable legal and business requirements, personal information will either be destroyed in a secure manner or made anonymous. You should be aware that there are legally required minimum retention periods, which we must and does observe.
Should any consent, where consent is required, to our collection, use, disclosure or retention of personal information be revoked, the law also allows us to continue to retain the information for as long as is reasonable for legal or business purposes. In the event that revocation of any required consent may have consequences to the individual concerned, we will advise the individual of the consequences of revoking their consent where it is reasonable in the circumstances to do so.
Security of Personal Information
We recognize our legal obligations to protect personal information collected during the course of carrying on business. We have therefore made reasonable arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of personal information.
You should be aware that our server (and most web servers) does collect some information about you and all visitors, such as the browser and version you are using, your operating system, and your "IP" or Internet address, which may identify your Internet Service Provider or computer but generally not the person using it.
Our Website does use a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a small file or token that our server may send to your browser when you access our Website. Cookies are capable of storing data and may be used to provide additional functionality to your use of our Website and can help us analyze your use of our Website usage more accurately. For example, cookies may be used to store your preferences so that on subsequent visits the Website displays for you in accordance with those preferences. Cookies may also tell us which pages are viewed more often or for longer periods of time than others.
While we make reasonable efforts to maintain the security of personal information in our custody or control, please be advised that the Internet and email are inherently insecure media, and we accept no liability for the security or privacy of personal information in transit over the Internet.
Please note that the Website and our online services may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience for visitors to our website or users of our services only. Any third party websites will have their own privacy policies and practices, and we cannot be responsible for such third parties or their websites.
Privacy and Email Communication with Impressive Television and its personnel
We have acceptable use policies with respect to our computers, systems and email received by and sent from Impressive Television. In order to enforce such policies, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to intercept and review the contents of email, including any personal information provided by the recipients, authors or originators of email messages. Users of our systems and computers have no expectation of privacy and, by using email as a means of communication with us, you consent to such interception and monitoring.
Outsourcing and Service Providers
We may contract with third party service providers with respect to the collection, use or disclosure on an out-sourced basis, in which case we will enter into contractual arrangements with such service providers requiring them to keep confidential any personal information received from us to provide services to us.
In the event that, with respect to users of the Website located in Canada, we contract with a service provider outside of Canada, if we use that service provider to collect personal information with consent, or if personal information is transferred to the service provider outside of Canada, we will notify any affected individuals in Canada orally or in writing as to the way in which individuals may obtain access to written information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of Canada, and the name or position or title of a person able to answer on behalf of us any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of personal information outside of Canada on our behalf.
Notification of Loss or Unauthorized Access or Disclosure
Where an incident occurs involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information under our control, where a reasonable person would consider that there exists a real risk of significant harm to an individual as a result of the loss or unauthorized access or disclosure, we will, without unreasonable delay, provide notice to the Information and Privacy Commissioner for Alberta of the incident, including any information required by law at the time to be provided to the Commissioner. While Alberta law provides that the Commissioner has the authority to require us to notify individuals of the unauthorized access or disclosure, we may elect to immediately do so in the event we consider it reasonable in the circumstances.
Requests for Access to Personal Information
The law permits individuals to submit written requests to us to provide them with:
- access to their personal information, if any, under our custody or control;
- information about the purposes for which their personal information under our custody or control has been and is being used by us; and
- the names of persons or entities to whom, and the circumstances in which, their personal information has been and is being disclosed by us.
Requests Must Be in Writing:
We do require that all such requests be in writing, with no exceptions, and email is not considered to be in writing in this situation. We reserve the right to require sufficient information and detail from the individual in question in order to properly locate the information and provide a response.
Our Response to Requests:
We will respond to requests in the time allowed by Alberta law, which is currently 45 days, but we generally do have the ability to extend the time period in appropriate circumstances, including but not limited to where the information is difficult to locate or assemble, and we will make a reasonable effort to assist applicants and to respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. We may charge fees for requests for personal information where it is reasonable to do so.
Limits on Rights to Information:
Your ability to access your personal information under our control is not absolute. The law provides that we must not disclose personal information where:
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the individual who made the request;
- the disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual; or
- the disclosure would reveal the identity of an individual who has in confidence provided us with an opinion about another individual and the individual providing the opinion does not consent to the disclosure of his or her identity.
The law further provides that we may choose not to disclose personal information in a number of situations, including but not limited to where:
- the personal information is protected by any legal privilege (our decision in that regard would be based on the rules concerning legal privilege and may involve the advice of legal counsel being obtained before any decision);
- the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information and it is not unreasonable to withhold that information;
- the personal information was collected by us for an investigation or legal proceeding; or
- the disclosure of the personal information might result in similar information no longer being provided to us when it is reasonable that it would be provided.
We reserve all our legal rights to not disclose personal information should we be of the view that it is not appropriate or reasonable to do so.
Responses to Requests for Access to Personal Information
Our response to requests for access to personal information will in all cases be in writing, and will confirm whether we are providing all or part of the requested information, whether or not we are allowing access or providing copies, and, if access is being provided, when that will be given.
If access or copies are refused by us, we will provide written reasons for such refusal and the section of Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act on which that refusal is based, along with the name of person at Impressive Television who can answer questions about the refusal, and particulars of how the requesting individual can ask the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta to review our decision.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information
The law permits individuals to submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in their personal information where that information is in our custody or control. We do require that all such requests be in writing, with no exceptions, and email is not considered to be in writing. We reserve the right to require sufficient information and detail from the individual in question in order to properly locate the information and provide a response.
In the event that an individual alleges inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the personal information in our custody or control, we will either:
- correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any other organizations to whom we disclosed the incorrect information; or
- decide not to correct the personal information but annotate the personal information that a correction was requested but not made.
Corrections or amendments will not be made to opinions, including expert or professional opinions, as opposed to factual information, which may be corrected if in error.
Amendment of Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time as required and without notice, in order to better meet our obligations under the law.
Contacting or Communicating with Us
If you have any questions with respect to our policies concerning the handling of your personal information, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information under our care and control, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Videos Daily
We are constantly growing our video library of company profile videos, testimonials, portfolio videos and news stories in the Calgary area. Enjoy the talents of our local Calgary specialists!